![]() |
| Meeting the Mythbusters (Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage) |
Last night, we attended the Behind the Myths Tour at the Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts in Louisville. My mom bought tickets for the girls' birthday back in June, including the VIP meet & greet after the show.
The show was amazing, especially from the second row. The highlight was the finale, when an audience member was dressed in a suit of armor, and Jamie fired paintballs at him with a specially fabricated gun that had to be wheeled out on stage.
After the show, all of us with the VIP passes (maybe around 60 people) were escorted to another room. A few minutes later, Jamie and Adam walked in. Liam was lucky enough to be picked to ask a question. He asked about their favorite "confirmed" myth. I liked Adam's answer that it really didn't matter to them whether a myth was confirmed or busted, the fun was in the research and testing.
They did describe a myth they enjoyed, one I don't remember seeing, something about carving divots in a clay model of a car as if it had been hit by multiple golf balls, and that actually increased it's fuel efficiency. I'm not sure I have that right, I'm going to have to look up that episode!
I am so grateful that my kids have been able to have these kind of experiences. Last night, they spoke of the intersection of learning and play, how having fun makes experiences meaningful. Joy and learning, and the intersection of the two, have always been my guiding principles in parenting. As these children grow, it's wonderful to see these principles take root in the people they are, and are becoming.


No comments:
Post a Comment